Counsellor, Private Practice
Registered Social Worker
“I work with skill and compassion to help you solve your problems
and move toward peace, well-being, and joy.”
Before counselling clients privately, I worked in a number of community services. I was a counsellor at the Ottawa Rape Crisis Centre and a collective member at the Sexual Assault Support Centre, the Carleton University Women’s Centre, and the AIDS Committee of Ottawa.
I have worked with a diverse range of women, both in person and over the phone, providing individual counselling, crisis intervention, and crisis line counselling.
I facilitated a counsellor support group, more than a dozen support groups for survivors of child abuse and violence against women, plus specialized groups for survivors of ritual abuse, war trauma and torture, multicultural women who have experienced violence, and lesbian survivors of abuse.
I taught dozens of workshops on a variety of topics associated with women’s issues and feminist counselling. I also facilitated the training of more than one hundred crisis line workers.
- Master of Social Work (Carleton University)
- Bachelor of Social Work (Carleton)
- Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology and Women’s Studies (Carleton)
- Counsellor Training (Sexual Assault Support Centre of Ottawa)
- Crisis Line Training (Ottawa Rape Crisis Centre)
- Psychodramatic Bodywork®
- Re-evaluation Counselling course
- Healing the Inner Child (Aboriginal Peoples Training Program)
- Understanding the Unspoken Pain: Supporting Survivors of War Trauma (CMHA)
- Numerous anti-violence and anti-oppression workshops
- Reiki energy healing
- Registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
- Affiliate member of the Canadian Association of Social Workers (CASW)
- Affiliate member of the International Federation of Social Workers (IFSW)