Danya Daccash, RMSW
Social Worker, Psychotherapist in Private Practice
Counselling for women honours the unique challenges and needs that women face around the world. I am professionally trained in feminist and cross-cultural counselling. Paired with mindfulness & meditation practices, this forms the basis of a precise therapy as well as a deeply connected relationship with my clients.
There are many benefits to seeking therapy over the telephone. Firstly, research has shown that telephone counselling can be as effective as in-person support. Additionally, it is a convenient way of getting help as it can be accessed in the comfort of your own surroundings.
Confidential telephone counselling is desirable for many reasons. It is available while away from home, and is an excellent option for women with time constraints, mobility issues, people who prefer anonymity, and those who live in communities with limited access to quality therapy.
Contact me if you are interested in living a joyful and peaceful life.
- Complementary initial session to discuss your issues, needs, and to ask questions about how I work.
- Flexible appointment times including weekends.
- International clients are welcome.
- Fee: My current hourly rate for individual counselling is $150 CAD. I personally believe longer sessions lead to better progress, so I offer 90 minute sessions for $200 CAD.
- Compassionate Pricing: Sliding Scale may be available for those with low income. We can discuss this at the initial consultation.
- Health Insurance: Fees for a Registered Social Worker (RSW) are covered under many private health plans or employee group benefit plans (often called “counselling” or “psychological” services – if social workers are not listed, please contact your carrier as many will cover an RSW with a Masters Degree).
- Tax Deduction: Registered Social Workers are authorized as ‘medical practitioners’ under the Canadian Income Tax Act for claiming medical expenses on income tax returns, through the Medical Expense Tax Credit.